Have Battlefield 3? Want to increase your FPS? Here is a quick run-down on how to increase your Battlefield 3 framerate:
* Start by dropping "unnecessary" settings like anti-aliasing and particle effects. If you don't have the hardware to run such high-end settings then you will get a better experience by turning them off and having a smoother frame rate.
* If you want to increase Battlefield 3 FPS then make sure your drivers are up to date. Whether you have an ATi/AMD card, or an Nvidia model, make sure you have the latest possible drivers. On my gaming laptop I saw a massive performance boost from upgrading my drivers to the latest BF3 approved edition.
* Close down any unnecessary programs that run in the background and could suck up processor power. Things like Daemon Tools (unless you actually use it to run BF3) or the Winamp agent should be shut down.
* Lower the in-game resolution. Sure, things will look a bit less impressive, but those extra FPS might make the difference between a fun game and a crap game.
* Reduce your BF3 lag; sometimes you might mistake lag for poor framerate.
* Overclock your PC. If you want the most performance possible from your current hardware then this is the best choice. There are many factors to consider when overclocking, and although it can yield some amazing results you do need to be certain of what you are doing. I recommend investing in the TweakBoy's Ultimate Overclocking Handbook. For less than $50 you can get hundreds of dollars of extra performance out of your computer.