- The most basic tenet of sniping in Battlefield 3 is to use cover. Don't wander around in the open trying to snipe; instead you need to hide behind things.
- Always shoot from prone- crouch is only acceptable if you cannot get a shot in otherwise. Never shoot standing if you want accuracy.
- Move around the battlefield a bit. If you keep sniping from the same position sooner or later people are gonna realize where you are and nab you. Fire off a couple of shots, then move to another covering position.
- Experiment with rifles to find your favorite. I prefer the very slow to reload but powerful rifles for sniping (I don't miss) However, others prefer to use rifles that fire more rapidly but afford less power so they can pop more shots off. Both styles of play warrant attention so try until you find which one you like.
- Don't get caught up in close range battles. This is fairly self-explanatory; you don't want to get caught up in close quarters combat where you run the risk of getting dominated. Make sure you keep a safe distance between you and your enemies.
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
How To Snipe In BF3
Today we are going to look at how to snipe in BF3. Running at people with an assault rifle or light machine gun is pretty straightforward in this game, but learning how to use the sniper rifle correctly can be a bit more confusing.